Sunday, September 24, 2017

Do You See It



I don't remember when I took this photo. At the time I suppose I thought this cloud was simply another pretty scene in the late afternoon sky. That was all. As I was scrolling through some photos last night this one caught my eye. For the first time, I saw it-this beautiful bird gliding across the horizon making its way to its roosting place at the end of the day! I don't know how I missed it two or three months ago, or whenever it was that I captured this shot.

When I was a boy these kinds of wonders never got by me. I would spend hours sitting by the pond at the edge of our woods, entertaing myself, just watching, pretending, imagining and contemplating the most wonderful mysteries of this beautiful world. The clouds were my favorites. Those fluffy, white phenomena gave me my own menagerie to enjoy any time I wanted.  All kinds of animals appeared before my eyes, and I wondered where they had been, and where they were going. There were times I wished I could hop on their backs, and go with them to lands I had never been. "Where are you going? I want to go with you" , I would shout. But they just kept moving right along, slowly making their way, guided by the wind, and often changing into something else before they were out of sight.

A child doesn't miss treasures such as this lovely bird. A child takes time to pay attention to things adults take for granted. The sweet spirit of a child is not so sophisticated that it does not receive such wondrous blessings from the hand of God. Yes, adults become too busy, too worried, too caught up living life to receive many of the blessings that God wants them to have. So He stores them away, saving some to give later when there is more time for them. Some, I think, must remain hidden away in some special place in heaven, maybe with the lovely clouds we did not have time to enjoy. Blessings not claimed? I'm sure I've missed a few! What about you? Have you missed receiving some too? Maybe God will give us a peak at what we missed when we get to heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...