Saturday, February 3, 2018

Purpose For Living

I realize that at my age I am considered a senior citizen. Some even refer to a person my age as being elderly. I really don’t like being called elderly. I am getting used to the term senior citizen though, and don’t mind that so much, especially when it gets me a discount on a meal or a motel room. I know I am getting old, but I don’t feel old, although a quick glance in the mirror would suggest otherwise. Hopefully, even at my age, I will have at least ten or fifteen more years on this earth. Actually, the number of years that I have remaining is not that important. What is important is what I will do with the years that God will allow me to live. How will God use me? What will be my purpose in the days ahead?

As an old geezer I can continue to spread the message of God’s love and honor him by proclaiming that his son, Jesus Christ, is the only answer for those who are lost in sin. I can do it when I have the opportunity to preach. I can do it with my writing, and I can do it by reflecting the love of Jesus by the way I live my life and relate to others. Every one of us can show the love of Christ no matter what our age.

Excerpt from my book: Teachers, Preachers and Other Sinners

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...