Saturday, March 3, 2018

Who Is He

When a man is lost there is a chain of bondage tethering him to this evil world, and his burden is heavy. Although he may think he is free, he is not. This man is being pulled down into the pit of hell toward eternal destruction. The enemy’s lies blind him, and he cannot see where he is going. Satan is his task master, and he is Satan’s slave.

The Israelites were slaves in Egypt for 400 years. Their plight seemed hopeless. They labored day and night, suffering under the harsh hands of their task masters. These poor men and women endured the painful, unmerciful treatment of the Egyptian slave drivers until the Lord heard their cry for help, and sent Moses to deliver them. At last they were freed. They were free for the first time in their lives to worship God, and to truly be the people God had chosen them to be.

About two years after they had been set free God gave Moses these words to remind them of who He was, and what He had done for them. God said, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.” Leviticus 26:13  Over and over again in the book of Leviticus God repeated the words, “I am the Lord your God” so that these hard headed people would not forget who He was.

A lot of the problems in our world today is because God’s people have forgotten who He is. They do not acknowledge Him as Lord. People who claim to know His Son, Jesus Christ, ignore Him. They don’t have time for Him. They refuse to include Him in their lives. They don’t worship Him or have any kind of personal relationship with Him. If they would just listen they would hear His message to them, “I am the Lord your God, who brought you from the bondage of sin so that you would no longer be slaves to Satan; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.

Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are my Lord, you are my God. You broke the yoke of my sin and freed me from Satan’s grip. I am your child. Because of who I am in Jesus I can hold my head high no matter what this world throws at me. Just a reminder that He is the Lord our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...