Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Being the Best

Taking inventory of your life is a good idea. This can also be an activity which might reveal something to you about yourself that depresses you. Yesterday I was thinking back, all the way back, to when I was in high school and college. My grandson completed his high school days yesterday. He will graduate on June 1. There have been many I know who have recently graduated from college and seminary. So my inventory revealed to me the same regretful conclusion that I have gotten many times before—I could have done much better, especially in high school and college.

My lack of success was because I failed to do the best I could do.
I had the ability to do much better than I did.

Here is the secret for success for everyone:
Always, in everything, do the best you can do. Always strive to be the best you can be.

Here is what I have learned from my experiences over the years:
I cannot do the best I can do, or be the best I can be if my actions are based entirely on always doing what I want to do.

If a person doesn’t do something that is too hard, or takes a lot of effort, because it will interfere with something he had rather do then he will never, ever be the best he can be. Achieving anything that will make you the best you can be will take hard work, dedication, and perseverance. We cannot selfishly disregard our responsibility whether it has to do with school, work, church, marriage or parenting. If we don’t do what we should do we will not be successful.

The past cannot be redone. All I can do now is to do a frequent inventory of my life’s walk, and determine where I need to make adjustments. I must remind myself that I am God’s anointed. His Spirit lives within me, and as his anointed I am bound to be the best that he has empowered me to be. So it is with all of us who know Jesus. All of us are anointed by his Holy Spirit. 

 “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...