Sunday, July 29, 2018

Who Is Man

“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth.
You have set your glory above the heavens.

When I look at the heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon, the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you would care for him?”

These words came from Psalm 8. I got up very early this morning and went out on my porch, looked up at the sky and noticed the moon. These words about God’s creation immediately came to mind. Our Lord, majestically reigning, filled with glory, greater than all the created beings, men and women, from the beginning of time until now, he actually cares for me, a small speck, a flower that springs up briefly then withers and dies just like the billions of other flowers that have sprung up before me and that will follow. And so the question that came to my mind this morning was, “What is man, who am I that God would be mindful of me and cares about me and for me?

I don’t understand this amazing truth about our God who is all powerful, all knowing, and is everywhere all the time. He is a personal God who loves me. He does not need me, yet he desires my presence. He has chosen me, like he has chosen all who will chose to come to receive him. The Lord God Almighty has chosen to live in me, so that I can abide with him, be used by him through his power, because of his gracious love for me. Who am I, who are you that God care so much even to die for us? Who are we that he is mindful of us?

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...