Saturday, December 22, 2018

God’s A Group

Going into the eighth grade after a terrible year in the seventh grade was going to be like a breath of fresh air. Changing classes, getting to have class with my best friends, and getting away from a teacher who didn’t seem to like me, and who told me I would never amount to anything was going to make my eighth grade year much more enjoyable. I had not done well scholastically in the seventh grade. I knew I had to do better, and with a new start with new teachers, and being with my friends there was no doubt that I would.

I was excited to get to school on my first day as an eighth grade student. My home room teacher was Miss Moore. I knew I would like her. When I got to her room I quickly noticed that I was the first one of my gang of friends to arrive. I sat down and watched as more students entered the room. The room was filling up and none of my friends had appeared. Not a one of them showed up. It wasn’t long before the principal came in to explain the “new system” for the eighth grade. He said that eighth students were place into three groups. The homeroom for the A group was for those students who had the best grades from their previous years. My homeroom was the B group. We were the students who had average grades over the past few years. Then there was the C group which had not done very well scholastically and would need to move at a slower pace.

I was certainly glad I wasn’t placed in the C group. But I was very disappointed that I wasn’t in the A group with my best friends, especially when I learned that the students in my homeroom would be in every class together. This meant that I would spend another year not having class with my friends. However, there was hope. The principal said that if any of us in the B homeroom could bring our average up to the average of those in the A homeroom we could begin going to class with that group. This was like holding a big juicy steak in front of a hungry dog. I wanted that steak, and I was going to get it!

I worked very hard and after two grading periods I had raised my grade average enough that I was allowed to go to class with the A group. I remained in the B homeroom, but for the rest of that year I attended class with my friends. That made me happy, but the best thing about all of this was that I had achieved my goal, and I had proved my old seventh grade teacher wrong. Maybe I would amount to something someday.


To be left out is one of the biggest disappointment anyone can have. Being left out breaks our hearts. Everyone wants to be included in the good things of life. We want to be able to live life to the fullest. Most people don’t understand what living life to the full is. No one needs to be left out when it come to achieving a life filled with joy, happiness, peace, hope and security. Everyone of us can have this kind of life, and it is free. We get this life from Jesus Christ. The Bible says that “he loves us, and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.” Revelation 1:5-6

We don’t need to be left out of God’s A group. If we believe that Jesus died on a cross as the perfect sacrifice to save us from our sins, that he arose from the grave, and lives as King over all the earth we can have eternal life in heaven. Trusting in Jesus Christ as you personal Savior will assure you that you will not be left out when this life is over. There has never been disappointment like the tragic disappointment that will come from being left out of God’s A group. God loves every person, and he sent Jesus to earth on Christmas Day so that anyone who believes might not perish but have eternal life. Accept Jesus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...