Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Silence After theStorm

Silence can be peaceful. Since retirement I have been able to enjoy the stillness of the early morning. All I hear is the steady ticking of the mantle clock and its hourly chime. The silence welcomes me to a place where I can meet God and talk to him. Silence is peaceful. Silence is a good friend. Silence is conducive to prayer. “Be still and know that I am God,” the Bible says. In the quiet moments of knowing He is God, He speaks giving thoughts and encouragement for the day. My time with Him is filled with inspiration just for me and also plenty to share with others. It is only when my heart is still that true silence visits. The still quiet heart is the threshold to the Lord’s presence. That quiet place is where all the wrongs are made right and the raging storms are tamed. If you listen you might hear, or at least sense, that calming voice speak His stern command, “Peace be still.” Yes, silence can be very peaceful and comforting! Very peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...