Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Rambling Thoughts

DISCOURAGEMENT:  Being the author of a blog brings discouragement, at least it does for me. Pastoring and preaching did, teaching and coaching did and just about every one of the leadership tasks I have ever done have brought me discouragement.

I pray to God about this. He hears many “Whys” from me.  I pray why do my readers prefer the funny, personal posts I write rather than the spiritual things I write? Why do I worry about this? Why do I become discouraged? The same “Why?” prayers I have prayed about everything I’ve ever done.

TRUTH: God knows everything. God is greater and smarter than we are. Our knowledge is less than the tiniest drop in the ocean compared to God’s perfect knowledge. God’s perfect, holy existence demands that he receive all the glory from our accomplishments. Discouragement comes when we are too concerned about the glory we receive from what we have done.

SERVICE:  A survey revealed that only twenty percent of the people in the greater Raleigh metroplex attend a church, and sixty percent of those who are members of a church admit they have never had a first time personal relationship with Jesus.

“Our culture measures spirituality by what we do on Sunday. God measures what we do on Sunday by what we do on Monday.” Jim Denison

Most people see the church as that building on the corner where people attend on Sunday. A great number of church members have that view. That is not what the church is. The church is every person who really has had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The real church of God goes out into the world serving and ministering to people who need the tender, compassionate touch of Jesus.

“I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, This is hungry Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or gangrene; I must wash him and tend to him. I serve because I love Jesus.” Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...