Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Old Folks Prayer

There is a possibility that some day we will have to depend on others to take care of us. Some of us may end up in a nursing home. We might need around the clock care. If that happens we don’t know how we will be treated. I’ve heard some awful stories about how old folks have been treated in health care facilities. Here is a prayer I wrote concerning this subject:

Old Folks Prayer

Thank you Lord for reminding me of the state of my affliction and the reality of my limitations, for in my weakness you make me strong. I humbly bow in your presence for you are God Almighty. You control of my coming in and my going out. You have planned my beginning and my end. You have given me all I own, and have made me for this time and this place for know what is best for me. 

I have no reason to boast in anything except Jesus and him crucified. When I come into your presence I most graciously accept my place of servitude. As the beneficiary of your complete forgiveness I harbor no regrets and I praise you that I am clothed in the righteousness of Jesus. I am free from the bondage of sin because of the sacrifice of my Savior. I thank you for your redemptive plan. 

Because I am your child I will try to remain useful to you regardless of my age, health, or any unfortunate circumstances that might define my life as I move closer to my  final day on earth. May I be encouraging and positive, not becoming distracted by the life changes that I may not understand?  Lord I pray that I can stay mentally alert, and that I might maintain a countenance that reflects the love of Christ. I want to be kind and to be surrounded by people who are kind to me and those I love. 

Thank you for the wonderful life you have given me. Father, before long you will take me to heaven where a new life I will begin. If this happens tomorrow that will be fine with me. Your plan is perfect, so may your will be done not only in my life, but in all the earth just as your will is done in heaven, now and forever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...