Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Medicine for Worry Warts

Moses had died and Joshua had been chosen by God to lead the Israelites into the land he had promised them when they left Egypt. God gave Joshua a word of encouragement which was actually a command. God said, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

This is a powerful word! I need this every single day. I fail so many times because I do not remember these words when I am faced with troubles. What happens when you are presented with a problem that overwhelms you? Sometimes when tough problems are dropped in my lap I become afraid and start to worry. I fret. Are you a "FRETTER"? God tells us to stop fretting and stop being afraid--afraid of anything, any time. He commanded Joshua, "Do not be afraid!" Not only do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. I get discouraged. I am discouraged now differently than when I was working. Regardless of your position in life you will always be tempted to be discouraged. Don't be! We don't have to be discouraged or afraid.

"How can I keep from being afraid and discouraged?"' , you may ask. Look at the reason God gave Joshua. God said, "Because the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." God is going to go with us any place we go. He is right there with us. Sometimes I don't FEEL like he is. Feelings are fickle. They don't matter. What matters is that God promises us that he is with us, so he is--always, anywhere, forever and ever! Having God with us is better than the strongest body guard. God by our side is better than money in the bank. God with us is better than our closest friend. God's presence is better than the best trainer, the finest guide, the wisest advisor or counselor. God is all we need.

When we fully trust in God as we move forward to face our problems we will successfully be obedient to his command, the one he gave Joshua. "Be strong and courageous!"  Today, be a man of God. Be a woman of God. Trust him with whatever is troubling you today. Do not fear. Do not be discouraged. Be victorious and show the world that with God on your side you are strong and you have the courage to take on anything.

Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...