Monday, August 7, 2017

Something About Heaven

Call me a Pollyanna if you want. I don't care! I believe that a heaven awaits me, and that I will live there in eternal bliss. I'll tell you this, once I'm there I'm staying. I'm going to shed these filthy rags, and leave them behind in this defiled, sinful world. Every horrible thought will be deleted from my mind, and every evil, tragic, violent image that I had wished I could unsee will disappear. There will be no words in my vocabulary such as anger, hate, bitterness, and greed. No stress, and nothing to cause me frustration at the place where I'm going.

I am going to be 100% pure. My eyes are going to be perfect and  open wide to see vivid colors I've never seen before, and breathtaking views of a new earth resurrected to become again what God intended before sin destroyed the old earth. I will see perfect mountains, and pristine rivers, and lush forests, smog free skies, and animals of every kind, and much more that my imagination can not even begin to consider. I am going to taste fruit so pure and sweet, unlike anything I've ever tasted before. I  will partake of a feast at the table of the Lord. I will see Him, talk to Him, praise Him, and worship Him.

There is going to be so much for us to do in heaven. Leave your harp down here, you won't need it. There will be no cloud surfing in heaven. Don't count on  getting any wings, unless they are fried chicken wings. You nor any other human will turn into an angel. You will be you with a new, perfect body. Nothing will ever go wrong with any part of the person you are in heaven.

We won't get bored. God will have plenty for us to do. All of us will have responsibilities. One more thing, we won't need our watches in heaven. We are not going to be on the clock. The only time in heaven will be FET, Forever Eternal Time. There will be no time restrictions. Everything we do will be for Jesus. All we take part in will honor the One who made it possible to be at home with our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...