Monday, September 11, 2017

Holy Ground


Moses climbed high up a mountain one lonely afternoon..
He saw a bush flaming bright, but it was not to be consumed.
Then Moses heard the voice of God call to him so clear.
And in that moment greatly trembling, he hid his face in fear.
"Take off your shoes and worship me for in this place you've found.
You are in the presence of your Lord, standing on holy ground."
Holy ground, Holy ground, that is where I long to be.
In his presence every hour, his face I want to see.

As Jesus hung upon the cross the ground began to shake.
Darkness covered all the world when His last breath he did take.
And in that very holy place where only the priest could go
The veil of separation was torn, now His presence all men may know
"Kneel down my child and worship me because in  this place you've found
You are in the presence of your Lord, kneeling on holy ground."
Holy ground, Holy ground, that is where I long to be.
In your presence every hour, your face I want to see.

You are my loving Father, redeeming Savior, Lord and friend.
You have always been by my side, and you'll be there 'till the end.
Precious Holy Spirit, sweet Divine presence of God are you.
Please come and fill my heart right now, each day fill it anew.
I cannot help but worship you for in this place I've found
I am in the presence of my Lord, I stand on holy ground.
Holy ground, holy ground, that is where I long to be.
And when I reach my heavenly home, His face I will always see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...