Monday, December 25, 2017

Presents Not Wrapped



This giant remote controlled roach was my personal gift to Brady. He was very excited when he opened it. Holly did not like it nearly as much as Brady.

Brady got everyone a gift, except me. He realized yesterday afternoon that he had forgotten to get me something. He asked his dad to borrow his credit card so he could get some gas to go to Target and get me something. That was a negative. So he asked his mother. She let him have her card if he would also get her some Velveeta Cheese that she needed for our Christmas Eve snacks.

Brady got his gas and went to Target. He got the Velveeta Cheese, a gift for me, and when he got ready to pay he couldn't find the credit card. He had enough money to pay for the cheese, but not enough for my gift. He called his dad, and told him what had happened. Clay cancelled the card, after telling Brady to go look in his car. Still no card. So I got no Christmas gift from Brady, except that he did tell me that he had a good Christmas story for  me. I guess that is one way of looking at it. I do have a funny story now to share.

Let me share what he got for Sasha, Sherri. He and some of his friends went to a very nice lady's shop in Wake Forest. Brady had a couple of females he wanted to buy gifts for. He picked out some relatively nice items since this place only has nice things. He got Sherri a cute little necklace, very different from Brady's past gifts. He was ready to pay for what he had gotten. The lady totaled up his things, and told him what he owed. Brady reached into his backpack and pulled out a jar full of change. I'm not sure how much his bill was, but I do know it was close to $40, paid in full with loose change. He had been saving up for about two years. This was probably a first for the lady that waited on Brady.

I think that a Christmas gift doesn't have to be wrapped in a beautiful package. Brady's gift to me was priceless, maybe the best one he has ever given me. He did try to get something for me. That just didn't work out.

By the way, the credit card was found. It was in his wallet all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...