Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Gift of the Cross

Blue dress of organza -- silky and sheer
with ruffles and tied with a sash.
A heart pin containing one
rosebud of red -- grown by my dad,
memories past.

Little did I know on that day
long ago --
The meaning of Easter
its truths to behold.
He became sin for me,
and through Him
The Spirit of life set me free.

Alive! The Risen One, my living God
offering your very self, forgiveness
and heavens-pleasures--I'm awed!
Extravagant and lavish, who comprehends?
So You will I worship--
My understanding transcends.

Thank You, Savior-God,
for the gift of the cross.
Totally forgiven, I am
sometimes at loss
for words to say thank You--
so instead I will live
my life in gratitude
choosing to give
the best that I have--
that's You, Jesus Christ,
First, ever, always
a life sacrificed.

Sherri Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...