Thursday, July 26, 2018

Let It Shine

Right now the sun is bursting through my window, and I am watching tiny specks of something float around the room. I don't know for sure what they are called. They may be dust particles. You would think a man as old as I am would have figured out by now what these specks are. I've seen them all my life. I only see them when rays of sun stream brightly through the window. The specks probably are floating around the room all the time. But I only see them when they are illumined by the radiant sunshine.

Isn't it interesting how we fail to see something that is all around us all of the time because it is hidden due to a lack of illumination? I thought how in my life many things have remained hidden in darkness. Some I had chosen to hide because I was ashamed to reveal them. There were times when I was afraid to allow light to be cast on the good things in my life that should have been seen by everyone. I was embarrassed to speak out or to act because I was afraid I would be laughed at, or that I would not be accepted. Unfortunately, there have been many times that I did not let Jesus be known in my life. That happens in a number of ways for everyone. Anytime we do, say or write something that does not reflect Jesus' love we hide the image of Jesus. The Bible calls that putting our light under a bowl or a basket. The light of Jesus is always in the lives of his people. The world needs to see that light. People need Jesus. Read what Jesus said about this.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

The world needs so much to see who Jesus our Savior is. People need to see his love in us. This happens when  we allow the illumination of the Son of God to shine brightly in our lives. In letting your light shine you glorify your Heavenly Father, and bless those whose lives you touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...