Thursday, July 5, 2018

Seeing God




God sits on his throne in heaven where no living human has ever gone. For who has seen the face of God? His glory is too great for mortal eyes to gaze upon. Yet, his essence and a mortals portion of his glory are provided to those who seek him. Those who search for the presence of the Almighty will walk with him and talk with him. “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul longs for you, O God.” “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” The message of that old song is so true: “He walks with me, and he talks with me, and he tells me I am his own.”

Last night I was walking my usual path through the neighborhood. The air was cool following a nice rain after a very hot day. I had just finished listening to a wonderful sermon, my mind freshly on the Father, when I looked up at the sky. I was overcome with a feeling of wonder and amazement by what I saw. There in the clouds at the dusk of day I saw Him. Not his face, not his form, nothing that anyone would normally conclude as any type of being, but what I saw was the presence and the essence of the Almighty. I found myself in a moment of praise and worship. Not to the clouds or the sky, but to the One who for that instant revealed himself to me.  

Praise to the One who created the heavens and the earth. Praise to the One who is omnipresent. There is no place we can go that he is not. He encompasses the heaven and the earth. More than we desire him he desires to be with us because he loves us. Seek him as you would seek a great treasure. Seek him now while he may be found. Praise the Lord God Almighty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...