Sunday, September 2, 2018

God Speaks to Job

I have just finished reading the book of a Job. Job’s so called friends had been giving him some bad advice. At the end of the book God enters the conversation.

Then the Lord God spoke to Job out of the storm:  “Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?...Who is able to stand against me? Who has a claim against me that I should pay? Everything under heaven belongs
to me.

God was confronting Job telling him to act like a man and consider who he was. He was not the god that the three friends had been portraying as the Almighty God. God asked many other questions for Job to think about which when answered correctly would reveal God’s awesome power and his sovereignty. Job’s response was the response that everyone should give.

Job replied, “Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.” Many things are attributed to God today by people who are self centered, glory seeking, angry, misinformed, and ignorant of things of our God. People fall for their lies and contribute to the wealth of these false prophets. I can think of a few seen on TV the every week, one in particular who pastor’s a mega church, and smiles a lot because he wants to convince us that everybody is going to heaven and everything is great.

Job got it! He understood. He said, “My ear has heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.” Job humbled himself in the presence of God. Many so called men of God need to humble themselves before God and repent. All of us need to remain humble recognizing the power and sovereignty of our loving God. Men need to man up and be true men of God. Today people do discredit the justice of God. They do condemn the ways and laws of God in order to justify their sins. They do defy God and stand against him. We see it in the movements and protests which are applauded by the majority of our society.

Yes, Job got it and God rewarded him. It’s time that we “get it” and receive God’s eternal reward that we have in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...