Sunday, September 30, 2018

Turning the Hulk Loose

Anger turns us into a monster that we don’t want to be or shouldn’t want to be. I know because I have been that monster. I have figured out why the monster emerges like the Green Hulk in the movie. Someone would disagree with me, or maybe say something about me that hurt me, and my monster would appear, usually deep within. 

When this happens (and I think it happens to everyone) I have a decision to make. Am I going to let my monster’s rage lash out at my offender, or am I going to tame him, train him and chase him away? Letting the monster loose to get even or to harm is a sign of immaturity. When small children do this it is a normal reaction up to a point, but when adults allow this to happen it becomes ugly, distasteful and very often tragic. Letting the monster loose, I have found, accomplishes nothing good. Doing this will only make the monster in the offender grow bigger and stronger. 

What has your experience been? When you let your monster go and you give someone “a piece of your mind”? Did it change their mind? Did it cause them to like you? Did letting your monster loose on your offender make you feel better about yourself? A better question to ask yourself is, “Did what I just said or wrote bring glory to God?” 


I see a lot of monsters running loose in the world today. I see them on TV; I see them when I go out; I see them on social media. I see their rage, their destruction, their ability to cause more rage and I see what it is doing to our nation. These monsters scare me because they are real. What would our world be like if I, you and everyone would tame the monster within and keep him in its cage? I think it would be a better world. I know one thing, I look much better to other when I keep my monster caged. And so will you ladies and gentlemen. Be those beautiful souls God created you to be! Don’t be that ugly green hulk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...