Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Around The World In 80 Countries

God has given me an ability and a desire to write. For many years God allowed me to preach, and I loved the opportunity to stand before fifty to eighty people every Sunday and talk about Jesus. Now in my retirement years I don’t ever get to preach, so I write about Jesus. Every day I just write and put my posts on my blog. I have to leave it up to God to provide my audience. I can do nothing to make others want to read what I write. I have a potential audience on Facebook from 1600 plus friends. But only a few of those friends choose to read my posts about Jesus. So my audience does not come from Facebook. When I post a silly story I have a lot of FB readers. My blog gives me the total number of readers for each post and where they are from. So I always know from which country my audience comes.

I do have a much larger audience than on Facebook who are interested in reading about Jesus. This audience is from over 70 countries around the world. Today for instance the are 56 people from the Ukraine who have viewed my post. There are a large number from Russia who read what I write. A few weeks ago there were over 100 each day from Russia, Siberia and Georgia. There are always readers from what is called Unknown Regions. I have readers from places like Hong Kong, Romania, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, and Brunei where the religion is predominantly Muslim. I have followers who are preachers in countries that I didn’t know existed. I really believe that God has called me to post what I write so that possibly some who have never heard the Gospel might hear and find Jesus.

To my audience around the world I want you to know that Jesus loves you and so do I. I wish that I could meet you. I would love to know who you are, where you live, and also if you know Jesus as your Savior. I hope that you would take a little time and add a brief comment on my blog page. Thank you for reading what God has given me to write. May our Heavenly Father bless you as you serve him, and may he keep you safe.

Just a Note: The neat thing about a blog is that all of the posts are easily accessed. A person can go to my blog any time and pick a piece I have written and read it. As I look back on the posts from three to four weeks ago I see that any where from 400 to 1200 people have read most of my posts and some have over 2000 readers. The majority of those readers, by far, are from other countries. I am turning my focus fully on my blog because of the greater number of readers from these 70 to 80 countries. I have left Facebook because I waste too much time on it, but I have found a way to still post on Facebook although I am no longer active. I will not be able to see any comments, nor will I be able to respond to them. I’m glad that I can post to Facebook from my blog site because I have about 15 people who do read my faith oriented posts. I am considering writing another book with nothing but my silly, funny stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...