Saturday, June 8, 2019

Early He Speaks Come To An End

On December 14, 2017 I launched my blog, Early He Speaks. That first post was entitled “ A Christmas Unlike the Others”. There were 191 views for that post. The next 99 posts ranged anywhere on average from 150 to 600 views. The highest number of views during that period was 919. I have no way of knowing how many people were actually reading those posts. I always posted these blogs to Facebook. There were usually 30 to 40 of my Facebook friends who read my posts unless I wrote something funny. When I did that I would have as many as 100 to 175. As those of you who regularly read my posts you know that I write devotions pretty much every time.

Now the point I want to make is that of those 150 to 600 views I had on those first 100 posts most of them were from countries all over the world. I think the last time I counted I had views in 76 countries. There were a few others, but I stopped writing them down. During the two and a half years I have been doing this blog I had regular readers in Germany, France, Poland, Spain, and even Russia. At one point I was having over 100 regular views from Russia. There would be sporadic views from Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Egypt, Brunei, which is almost all Muslim, and Pakistan. All of these countries as you know are predominantly Muslim, and most of the people have never heard the gospel message. I was always very excited when I saw that someone in one of these countries had had the opportunity to read about Jesus.

The next 350 posts were up and down as far as the number of view. There were times I would have close to 2,000 views and some days they would drop back down to less than 100. And that was fine. One hundred was a great number if just one person who had never heard about Jesus read what I wrote about him. But the last two months the most views that were recorded were about 3 on average. And I happen to know those three people. They are not from some Muslim country. They are from North Carolina and they know Jesus. I am thinking that possibly my blog is being blocked. I cannot imagine that all of a sudden people would stop viewing my blog. I am wondering if my conservative, biblical devotions about Jesus being the only hope for this sinful world is the reason for the sudden decline in my viewership.

Anyway this post is number 500. I began this blog on December 14, 2017 and today on June 8, 2019 it is coming to an end. I will be searching for another blog site to start another blog. In the meantime I will post my devotions on Facebook only. Just as God gave me messages when I was preaching, he gives me words to write each day. I can’t explain it, but everyday a thought, an idea, a scripture passage comes to mind, and I sit down and begin writing. This experience I have with God’s Spirit speaking to me is the most wonderful part of my day. God continues to use me to proclaim the gospel message. I don’t know if my posts will again reach into countries like those I mentioned, but if God wants them to they will. I will just continue to write and see what He does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...