Monday, March 15, 2021

Adult Sippy Cup



 

This is my new coffee cup. It serves two purposes other than the obvious. First it is a thermal cup. With regular cups my coffee gets cold before I can drink all of it. With this cup my coffee remains hot for hours. Secondly this is a sippy cup.. I’ve needed a cup like this for a long time. It’s not that I am too old to keep from spilling coffee. I’ve been spilling coffee for many years. My inability to drink coffee without making a mess has plagued me since I first began drinking this addictive brew. In fact my habit of spilling coffee got me banned from certain areas in a school where I taught many years ago. New carpet had been installed in the office area. The faculty mail boxes were located there as well as the copier. There were several reasons that we had occasion to be in the office. 

The first morning after the new carpet had been put down the principal met me at the door and told me to never bring a cup of coffee in the office. From then on I had to get coffee after I had taken care of whatever I had to do in the office. This was not good. Several of my friends and I would gather in the office, drink our coffee and carry on a bit of foolish banter about nothing of any importance. It just wasn’t the same not being able to join in the fun without my cup of coffee. I think I was the only faculty member to be forbidden coffee privileges. Too bad I didn’t have an adult sippy cup back then. 

I can understand my principal’s concern. She knew that I was bound to spill coffee because when I talk I move my arms around and jostle coffee out on the floor. Sometimes I spill coffee without ever knowing that I’ve spilled it. I’m glad I have a cup that prevents me from sloshing coffee all over everything, even myself. I have worried that Sherri might start banning me from certain rooms in our house.


.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...