Monday, March 29, 2021

The Small Things

 Sometimes it is the small things that are the most important to us. In fact, as we think back on our life’s experiences there no doubt will be more little things that have blessed us than the greater things. 

Yesterday my daughter, Susan, showed me a web page from the church Sherri and I attended when we were at seminary in Ft. Worth Texas. . That was over 40 years ago. I have forgotten many of the names of very special people who God brought into our lives. I found a few old old videos from the years we were members there. These videos virtually reunited me with many of the people who helped us during a rough time when Sherri had a very serious surgery. As I watched the video I was blessed all over again by memories of the love shown us while we served in that wonderful church. Little things done, but huge in our hearts. 

The small expressions of love and kindness bless us when given, but they continue to bring joy to us long afterwards. They are stored away in our hearts, and in our quiet moments of reflection they may even bring a tear or two. I thank God for the little blessings which last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...