Friday, July 23, 2021

A Man’s Got To Do What A Man’s Got To Do

When I was a 11 or 12  I mowed the yard. I didn’t want to, but I did because I had to, 

I went to church every Sunday. Sometimes I didn’t want to go, but I did because I had to. 

I didn’t like school and didn’t want to go, but I did because I had to. 

I didn’t want to do many of the things my daddy told me to do, but I did them because I had to. 

When I became older and out on my own, I thought, ‘Now, I don’t have to do the things I don’t want to do’, but I was wrong and I did because I had to.

After high school I wanted to get a job and buy a car, but I decided I should go to college, and I did because it was the right thing to do. 

After I graduated from college I married the love of my life. When the honeymoon was over the payments for our house, our cars, and utility bills came every month. We didn’t make much money, and it was hard to make ends meet. But those bills kept coming in, and we paid them because it was the right thing to do. 

It wasn’t long that we were blessed with a tiny little girl. In a few years we were blessed again with another tiny little girl. We wanted the best for them, but there wasn’t going to be enough money; our tight budget was not going to be enough. So I got a part time job and then another. Working three jobs was draining, but I was glad to do them because my family was depending on me. 

Life is full of wonderful experiences. But as we live each day there are tasks that we rather not do wedged in between the good times we had rather do. Someone had taught us that responsible people do things they may not want to do because they know that’s the right way, the way God intended us to live. 

Today there are too many people who are not responsible. They don’t do what they are physically able to do because they just don’t want to work. They think they are entitled to have someone else give them what they want, and unfortunately that’s exactly what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...