Tuesday, April 19, 2022

A Crazy Story

Last Friday I went to Lowes and bought three bags of topsoil, three bags of mulch, some plants and a small Juniper tree. I got everything loaded in my trunk except for the tree, I don’t know what I was thinking. I had gotten one a few weeks ago, but that was all I got. There was no room for the tree, but I managed to squeeze it into the back seat, which reminds me I need to clean my back seat.

When I got home I unloaded everything and got busy planting what I had bought. After I finished I went inside, cleaned up and went to get my iPhone. I couldn’t find it. I looked everywhere. Sherri couldn’t  find it either. I have a “find my phone” app on my iPad so I checked, and there the phone icon was in the parking lot at Walmart. I had not been anywhere near Walmart. Someone had stolen my phone. I deduced that I had forgotten to lock my car when I was at Lowes. 

We called and reported the phone stolen, and had it locked so no one could use it. Sherri had given me the phone for my birthday last October, but didn’t get the insurance to cover a stolen or lost phone. I was going to have to buy a new phone. Those things are expensive. I had no idea that they cost so much. I decided to wait about buying another one, and see if I could make it without one. I couldn’t keep up with that phone anyway. 

On Sunday Sherri got a message from someone who had found my phone. She messaged him back and arrangements were made for him to bring my phone to us that afternoon. He lived in Wake Forest not far from where we live. We were excited and couldn’t wait to find out where he found it. We couldn’t believe what he told us. He knew who took the phone. You would never guess who made off with my iPhone. It was Sherri. 

When I was unloading my purchases from Lowes I had inadvertently laid my phone on the back of her car. While I was behind the house working she went to the grocery. About a mile from our house she was stopped at a traffic light. The young man in the car behind her saw the phone on the back of her car. He jumped out of his car and managed to grab the phone. Before he could get Sherri’s attention the light turned green and she took off. The young man started banging on the side of her car, but she kept going despite the fact that she heard the banging. He tried to catch her, but obviously he never found her. 


The mystery was solved. Just another reason why I should not have an expensive IPhone. I made it fine when all I had was a land line and an answering machine. If I want to take a picture I can use a camera. Also I won’t have to remember a password. I hate passwords and constantly trying to find my phone really upsets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...