Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Who Are Tammy and Chris

This morning Sherri was sitting on the couch looking at a video on her iPhone. I was in the kitchen fixing eggs and bacon for breakfast. I wasn’t paying any attention to the conversation coming from whatever Sherri was watching. The video ended and Sherri said, “Chris and Tammy Nichols have  sold their mobile home and their house in Florida and moved to Georgia.” I was trying to think how I knew Tammy and Chris. There was a Nichols family down the road where I lived when I was a kid. There were several children in that family, and I knew all of them, but I could not remember a Chris. 

Sherri continued to tell me about this couple. Chris wanted to move back to Georgia because he missed fishing in a lake near where they had moved. They had downsized because their two daughters were in college. When COVID hit the girls had moved back home, and they discovered that living in a 1,500 square foot house was a mistake. I was still racking my brain to remember who Chris and Tammy were. I was wishing I new Tammy’s maiden name. After Sherri had finished telling me more about Chris and Tammy I asked her who they were.  How did we know them? Her reply was, “Oh, I don’t know them. I was watching Tammy show some of her breakfast recipes on her website. She has over forty thousand viewers who watch her on “Collard Valley Cooks”

Sherri’s grandmother, Mimi, always watched “As the World Turns”. She would tell Sherri how she worried about a character on the show who had been going through some very hard times. Mimi had commented how bad the character was looking. I hate to say it, but I think Sherri has finally become her grandmother. I can’t believe that I wasted all that brain energy trying to figure out how I knew Tammy and Chris! You know, I would like to meet them now that I know so much about them. I feel like I do know them since Sherri told me so much about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...