Tuesday, April 19, 2022

A Lesson From Rosco

Early this morning I took Rosco, my dog, out as I always do, so he could go to the bathroom. I don’t put his leash on him in the morning because no one is ever out walking their dog at this time. I do walk close to Rosco just in case someone does happen to be out. But today I wasn’t close enough to stop him when he ran across the street to meet a large dog being walked by his master. I yelled for Rosco to stop, but he kept going. Luckily the dog was friendly and so was the man walking him. I apologized for not having my disobedient dog on a leash. He graciously assured me there was no problem. 

After the two of them continued walking  up the street I scolded Rosco for not minding me, and told him to go back to the house with me. Now Rosco can be hardheaded sometimes, and as I was walking back across the street I turned to see Rosco walking up the sidewalk toward his new friend. Again I told him to come, and again he acted as if he didn’t hear me. I ran over to him, forcefully held him down on the grass and fussed at him. When I let him up he ran as fast as he could to our front door. I opened the door and he ran and got on his blanket. He laid there with his back to me. He was staring at the wall. That little fur ball always jumps up in my lap, but this time he would not even look at me. It was as though he was trying to  hide from me. I felt bad that Rosco didn’t want to get in my lap. I find joy early in those mornings when he snuggles up to me. 

All of us have a master who we are supposed to obey. We know when we disobey Him. Even a dog knows when they have been disobedient, and like Rosco sometimes when we have been disobedient we run and hide from the One who loves us unconditionally. Adam and Eve hid after they sinned, and ever since then man has hidden from God after they have sinned. Hiding from our loving Father is the wrong thing to do. Rather than avoiding Him we should come to Him, jump up in his lap and ask him to forgive us. No one loves us like our Father, and He gets great joy when we show our love for Him by snuggling in his lap. God’s lap is big enough to hold all,of His children. That’s the place we should go when we have disobeyed Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...