Wednesday, April 5, 2023

When It’s a hard To Pray

 Sometimes it is difficult to pray. One problem is that we have too many things going on in our lives and we get distracted. We begin praying and if you are like me you start thinking of something you need to do. You may be distracted by some problem you are having to deal with. Sometimes I doze off when I am praying. There are many things that cause us to become distracted when we are trying to pray. 

When that happens with me I feel guilty. I know that prayer is essential. We must spend time with the Lord. He wants us to talk to him and he wants to tell us many things that will guide us to be actively serving him. Psalm 73:26 tells us, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heartand my portion forever.” God knows that we are going to fail sometimes in our Christian walk and he wants us to be strong, but our strength comes from the Lord. Therefore being strong in the Lord must be an important desire of our hearts. Psalm 73:25 gives us focus about this, “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.” 

Our main focus must be on God. Then our concerns of the things of the world will fall in the right place in our hearts. The desires our our hearts will be on heavenly things rather than the things of the world which distract us. 

When you pray ask God to help you to focus on Him as you try to pray. 

Psalm 37: 4 gives us encouragement concerning the direction that our hearts must take, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” If we ask the Holy Spirit will help us to overcome distractions. But be patient, we are still going to have times that we will lose our focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...