Thursday, September 28, 2017

Time Is Running Out

Today will be the very last day of life for some people. Many of the people who are leaving for work this morning will never return to their families. People with what they think are very important plans for tomorrow will never have the opportunity to see them through. I felt compelled to write this because of a passage of scripture I just read.

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Seek Jesus now because you may not be around to seek him this afternoon or tomorrow. It is time for all men and women to let go of their unrighteousness thoughts and actions. I know I'm getting old, but I remember a day when many of the things that are common place today were never done or mentioned in public. Men respected women enough that they would never curse in their presence. Those four letter words were never expressed in public where women and children were present. Today that is not the case. Vile words are spewed out not only by men, but even by women. Facebook has become a cesspool of those offensive four letter words. The worst to me is the "F" word. I cringe when I see it published for everyone to see. I see posts by women who use that word.

Those kinds of things come from unrighteous thoughts. If God is offended by a man's or a woman's unrighteousness thoughts, think how much more he is offended when those thoughts turn into actions which are spoken or published for the world to see. Am I the only one offended by this? I hope not! I know God is. The scripture goes on to say, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.

But God's greatest desire is that the wicked and the unrighteous come to him for forgiveness. This urgent warning, however, is that time is running out. Come to him while he still offers his forgiveness. He will forgive and make all things right with those who ask. Seek Him while He may be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...