Sunday, February 11, 2018

Old Folks Prayer

For the past week I have been posting stories from my book. Today’s post is the last selection from my book. It is called, “Old Folks Prayer”. I’m sure many who read my blog, Early He Speaks, were not aware that I had written a book. Below I have provided information about how you can get a copy. It can be ordered on Amazon.com, or I will be glad to send you a signed copy. Below I have included the mailing information if you want to get one from me.

Old Folks Prayer

Thank you Lord for reminding me of the state of my affliction and the reality of my limitations, for in my weakness you make me strong. I bow humbly in your presence recognizing your power and your supreme existence. I have no reason to boast in anything except Jesus and his saving grace. When I come into your presence I most graciously accept my place of servitude, and devote my life to you and to the welfare of others. As the beneficiary of your complete forgiveness I harbor no regrets, and I praise you that I am clothed in the righteousness of Jesus. I am free from the bondage of sin because of the blood of my Savior. Above all I thank you for your redemptive plan. Because I am your child I remain useful to you regardless of age, health, or any unfortunate circumstance that might define my life as I move closer to my final day on earth. I am yours Lord and you are mine. May I be encouraging and positive, not becoming distracted by the life changes that I may not understand. Lord I pray that I can stay mentally alert, and that I might maintain a countenance that reflects the love of Christ. I want to be kind, and be surrounded by people who are kind to me and those I love. Thank you for the wonderful life you have given me. Father before long you will take me to heaven where a new life I will begin. If this happens tomorrow that will be fine with me. Your plan is perfect, so may your will be done not only in my life, but in all the earth just as your will is done in heaven, now and forever. Amen

My book was published two years ago. The title is “Preachers, Teachers, and Other Sinners”. My vocation was teaching and preaching. I was bi-vocational, teaching middle school students for 27 years, and pastoring small Baptist churches for 40 years. Thus the title of my book, Teachers, Preachers and Other Sinners. I tell people, “Not everyone is a teacher, and not everyone is a preacher, but all of us are sinners.”

My book contains about 80 stories and devotions. I included stories about some of my teaching and preaching experiences. I also included stories about myself growing up on a farm in rural south western Kentucky. I put these stories in so that my grandchildren would have a record and information about their grandparents and great grandparents. I also wrote about some of the struggles my wife and I encountered during our seminary years. Many of the stories are funny, and some are touching.  Almost all of the stories and devotions have a lesson based on scripture.

My book can be ordered on Amazon.com. The Paperbacks are $19.95 and it is avail and on Kindle for $6.99. I can sell them at a reduced price. I have a few paperbacks and some hardback copies left. I will send anyone who wants one a signed copy. Paperback are $12.95 and hardbacks are $19.95. My address is John Paul Brady 8522 Lasilla Way, Raleigh North Carolina 27616.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...