Thursday, March 1, 2018

That’s Great News! Thank You Very Much!

The report came back from the doctor. No cancer! The call you had been waiting for finally came. You got the job! A letter arrived from the university. You have been accepted! You learned that you are going to be parents or grandparents! Hurray! Wonderful news! Everyone is thrilled to get good news. Today I think the arrival of good news seems even more exciting because each day brings news that is not so good. We need to hear some good new!

This morning I opened my journal and turned back to read some things I had previously written. I randomly turned to December 24, 2017. The first thing that caught my eye was these words: “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I have entrusted my life.” Psalm 143:8

Wow! What great news for me! I was reminded, immediately, of the One on whose love I can always depend. He loves me unconditionally. He loves me even when I fail to show my love for him. He loves me when I mess up, when I sin. His love follows me through the good times and the bad, when I am afraid, when I am confused and feeling all alone. His love is with me as I venture out into the paths that are unknown to me, when I don’t know what will be around the next corner, or what terrible monster is hiding behind those barriers I must move. I can always count on God’s love because I have put my trust in Him.

Let this morning bring you Good News for today. God loves you with His unfailing love! Trust Him, love Him, and allow him to guide you throughout the events of today no matter what you think you may experience. This is the day that God has sent you word of His unfailing love. There is no better news than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...