Thursday, June 7, 2018

Do You Answer When God Calls

In a sermon I heard yesterday, the speaker mentioned some of the ways that we fail to hear God speak to us. He mentioned that sometimes his grandchild plays with the phone and pushes buttons that turn the ringer off. When someone calls he doesn’t hear the phone ringing, and he misses the call. He doesn’t get the message that was meant for him. I usually forget to turn the ringer back on after I have silenced it. I’ve missed several calls because of that. And I am bad about checking for messages that people have left for me. I’ve gone days before finding that someone had left a message for me.

In the same way we can get so involved with living our lives that we silence God, and miss the messages that he has for us. We get distracted with so many things. God has something he wants to tell us everyday. He has us on his speed dial. He longs to communicate with us because we are his dear children. Parents, if you live a long way off from your children you  may know what it’s like if you are unable to talk to them frequently. It hurts when you seldom hear from your grown children. I know it must hurt God when he calls and we don’t answer. O if we desired to speak to God as much as he wants to talk to us.

We miss so many blessings when we are too busy or not interested enough to make time for our Heavenly Father. I pray that our hearts greatest desire will be to look forward to talking to God, and to receive his wonderful message to us each day. At the top of my blog posts everyday I have included the following verse, “Lord, In the Morning You Will Hear My Voice, In the Morning I Will Pray To You , and I’ll Watch For Your Answer.” Psalm 5: 3  Thus the title of my blog, “Early He Speaks”

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...