Friday, August 10, 2018

School Bells Are Ringing

Social media posts are filled with first day of school pictures. Smiling students holding signs indicating the grade they are beginning for this year seem happy to be going back for another nine months of classes, homework, test taking and especially the extracurricular activities. These few pictures that I have seen represent millions of students across our nation who are beginning another year of academia. Many are fortunate to have someone who cares enough about making the first day of school a noteworthy experience. But there will be a substantial number who will begin another year with no encouragement, no well wishes, and no indication that anybody cares. Unfortunately when some of these student enter their classes on that first day they will sense that even their teacher may not have very high expectations for their successful achievement.

No one can predict what this school year will hold for students this year. I pray that this year will be a good one for all of them. I pray that each student will find that one person who will show them that they believe in them. I pray that a friend will show them that they care very much. I pray that at least one teacher will provide the encouragement they need. I pray that someone will include them in some positive activity throughout the year. I pray that there will be someone involved with them who will be incredibly patience with them. I pray that those in authority will have a forgiving heart and give them another chance. I pray that someone strong will take up for them. I pray that each student will find at least one thing in which they do well. But most importantly I pray that every single student will believe in themselves and gain confidence that they are able to be successful. Students need our prayers and so do the teachers and administrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...