Saturday, December 8, 2018

God’s Great Love

My wife, Sherri, and I will be singing in our church’s Christmas worship concert tonight. The concert is entitled Love for Love. I want to invite everyone to watch via live stream at 6:PM EST OR 5:00 PM CST. If you live in the Raleigh area I invite you to attend at Christ Baptist Church 400  Newton Rd. Raleigh NC. but get there early. We are expecting over 1,000 guests. If you are unable to attend the address to watch our program is

Our choir began working on the music back in August. We will sing several beautiful songs tonight, but my favorite is “God’s Great Love”. This song has touched my heart each time we have sung it. Last night during our dress rehearsal as we were singing this wonderful song chills ran all over me, and the thought of God’s great love for me brought tears to my eyes. I had a difficult time singing. The last verse shook me as I sang about God’s worthiness of my praise because he loved me so much that he gave me the wonderful gift of Jesus who saved me from my sin. I look forward to singing praises to Him in heaven.

God’s Great Love

Let us sing of God’s great love,
In a manger lay.
The precious gift from God’s own hand
Born on Christmas Day.

Angels sang of God’s great love,
Shepherds bowed their knee
As they worshipped heavens child,
Christ the newborn King.

Prophets had foretold it,
The Father’s wonderous plan.
Jesus our Messiah,
God’s great love to man.

Let us sing of God’s great love,
All our earthly days.
And give him praise He’s worthy of
Now and for always.

Dick and Melanie Tunny

There are over 100 voices in our choir, and we have a full orchestra. If you are able to watch I know you will enjoy.  This song will be near the end of our program so hang in there so you don’t miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...