Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Reason To Go To Church

I am going to begin getting dressed for church as soon as I finish writing what’s on my mind. I go to a Baptist Church. I have always gone to Baptist Churches, and I have never found one that is perfect. There have been imperfect people in all of them. I have been hurt by someone in almost every Baptist Church where I have been a member. I’ve probably hurt others myself. Once I was hurt so badly I stopped going to church. But over time I went back.

Why did I go back to church? I realized that the purpose of going to church is because of Jesus. If I belong to him and believe that he is the reason I am going to heaven the very least I can do is to go to church and worship him—worship him in song, in giving, in serving, in Bible study, in fellowship with others, even those who may have hurt me. If I truly love Jesus I must obey the Word of God and meet with other Christians to worship him. I don’t care what someone else has done to hurt me, they cannot keep me from going to church if I love Jesus and honor him.

Some people don’t like church. Some people don’t like Baptist Churches. When there is a scandal in a Baptist Church they are so excited and like a little old gossipy woman they spread the word because this makes their day. There are many people like that in our world who feel the same way about any church that names the name of Jesus. The Bible says that there will be people like that. Jesus said, They will hate you because they first hated me.” Don’t hate any church. Don’t hate Jesus. Follow him and obey him in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...