Tuesday, April 19, 2022

I Hate When That Happens

I just had one of those moments that every married man hates. I lost my Fitbit. We had gone to a graveside service, and I had worn an overcoat since it was one of the few blustery days we have  down here. After the service we came straight home. It was then that I noticed that I didn't have my Fitbit. I searched everywhere for that lost Fitbit and could not find it anywhere. I decided it must have fallen off at the cemetery. I figured that it was gone just like my wedding ring that I had lost a few years ago. I think I lost it at a graveside service.

When we went to the mountains over the weekend Susan, my daughter asked me if I had looked on the computer to see the last time the Fitbit synced. I didn't know what she was talking about. She told me how to check that out. I didn’t have my computer with me so when we got home on Monday I found that my Fitbit had synced five minutes earlier. That meant the Fitbit was somewhere in the house. 

I searched again and no Fitbit. I called Susan to tell her the bad news and she suggested that I purchase the app, Find My Fitbit. So I got the app and started the search again. The Fitbit Finder led me to one of our front bedrooms which happened to be where I keep my winter coats. I went to the closet and pulled out the overcoat that I had worn to the graveside service. I just knew the Fitbit had to be somewhere in that coat. I turned in inside-out but still I couldn't find it. I was frustrated. I yelled for Sherri to come up and help me search in that coat. The coat was lying on the bed when she came in the room. The Fitbit Finder was reading red hot. 

After Sherri searched the coat she said, " Have you looked around under  the furniture? Remember you were moving everything around the other day. Maybe you lost it when you moved the furniture" 

I said, "I lost know it can’t be under the furniture. It has to be somewhere on the coat." 

Sherri knelt down and started looking under the bed as if I had not said a word.

Even more frustrated, I said, "You are so hard headed. I told you the Fitbit has to be in the coat!" 

No sooner had those words left my mouth, Sherri rose from beside the bed with my Fitbit in her hand. She was smiling when she answered me, "Now who is the hard headed one?" 

I really hate it when that happens, but I was glad to get my Fitbit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Art of Striking Out

During his major league career Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but he struck out 1,330 times. Ruth is known as one of the greatest hitters of a...